DoD Acquisitions Business Process Improvement / IT Change Manager
Entrust Government Solutions has an immediate career opportunity for a Business Process Improvement / IT Change Manager with DoD Systems Engineering Acquisition Lifecycle and DoD 5000 knowledge and experience to join our Government solutions team in Norfolk. This position plays a key role in creating a continuous process improvement engineering and maintenance program in support of an overall Enterprise Project Management framework. A successful candidate should be able to conduct process requirements analysis, design & development, and produce solutions that integrate into existing programs. The Business Process Improvement Manager shall be experienced at supporting senior government PMs and Program Managers, able to support project and IT support staff to utilize and continuously improve lifecycle management practices in line with industry best practices, has the ability to lead through ambiguity, and able to establish confidence and credibility with senior leadership.
- Ensures standardized methods and techniques are used for the preparation, building, testing and implementation of changes to meet process requirements and prevent change-related incidents.
- Develops and maintains IT Change Management principles, standards, plans and procedures and their implementation within the agreed upon scope; promotes and communicates the process to all parties involved including external suppliers (contractors and vendors).
- Creates and implements Quality Assurance and Risk Management frameworks/processes.
- Champions correct organizational use; conducts awareness campaigns to win support for Enterprise Project Management framework principles, standards, plans, processes and procedures.
- Provides guidance, answers questions and coaches participants in the correct use of the process; identifies training requirements, arranges and provides training for staff and contractors.
- Interfaces with customers, vendors, internal and external stakeholders, and strategic partners to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of operations and processes.
- Functions as the central and accepted point of contact and point of escalation for changes and change management process participants.
- Ensures that changes to processes, standards, methods and tools are properly approved and communicated to staff before being implemented publicizes and oversees implementation of new scope and improvements.
- Ensures Quality of process and tools; defines and monitors Key Performance Indicators and drives improvements in process, methods and outcomes.
- Provides management and other processes with steering information and reports specified per service, process and/or department based on run and maintain, project, audit and executive needs.
- Evaluates existing Change Management systems and transitions their design, implementation and management into a common IT Service Management system established as the central and accepted system for changes, including estimating and planning work and resources involved and monitoring and reporting on progress against plans.
- Assists auditors with auditing the activities of the Change Management function for compliance with established procedures and IT control framework; ensures corrective actions are implemented.
- Participates in the evaluation of new Change Management tools and provides input and recommendations of those that best meet the organization’s budget, resource, timescale and technical requirements.
- Builds partnerships and teamwork with other managers across IT and the business
- U.S. Citizen eligible for DOD Secret clearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience with IT in a large, complex enterprise environment.
- 5-8 years technical experience - preferably in an IT Change Management Subject Matter Expert (SME) role or process engineering. Solid understanding of ITIL framework and demonstrated proficiency in the ITIL v3 processes.
- ITIL v3 Practitioner certification. ITIL V3 Expert or Master certifications a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with IT Services Management (ITSM) tools and methods.
- PMI/CMMI/SAP experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite applications and MS-SQL.
- Experience with review of DOD compliance policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines. Demonstrated ability to ensure guidelines are met and deployed in a consistent, timely fashion that manages the risk of change, minimizes disruptions to the target environment, and provides a framework to ensure changes were successfully implemented.
- Experience with process requirements analysis, design & development, and producing documentation for enterprise project management.
- Ability to successfully manage relationships between various divisions, vendors, and resources to fully meet business process and change management needs. To include training, ad hoc reporting, defining policies, methods & procedures and best practices. Provide post implementation results as assigned.
- Skills shall include:
- Business processes expertise
- Analytical thinking
- Business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Defense Acquisition University ACQ 101
- Defense Acquisition University ENG 101
- Government Procurement domain knowledge with hands-on full life-cycle implementation experience
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition and Procurement regulations, requirements, and processes including a comprehensive understanding FAR/DFARS compliant processes
Candidates must be willing to submit to a background check prior to employment.
Entrust Government Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.