IT Change Manager
Entrust Government Solutions has an immediate career opportunity for an IT Change Manager to join our Government solutions team in Norfolk, VA. The IT Change Manager plays a key role in our IT solution reliability, business continuity, IT control environment, and enterprise risk reduction by overseeing the planning and day to day operation and maintenance of IT Change Management processes, standards, methods and tools. The successful candidate will ensure that changes are efficiently and effectively recorded, evaluated, authorized, prioritized, planned, tested, implemented, documented and reviewed in a controlled fashion. The IT Change Manager supports project and IT support staff to utilize and continuously improve IT Change Management practices in line with the ITIL best practice framework.
- Ensures standardized methods and techniques are used for the preparation, building, testing and implementation of changes to meet process requirements and prevent change-related incidents.
- Develops and maintains IT Change Management principles, standards, plans and procedures and their implementation within the agreed upon scope; promotes and communicates the process to all parties involved including external suppliers (contractors and vendors).
- Champions correct organizational use; conducts awareness campaigns to win support for IT Change Management principles, standards, plans, processes and procedures.
- Provides guidance, answers questions and coaches participants in the correct use of the process; identifies training requirements, arranges and provides training for staff and contractors.
- Coordinates urgent changes among IT solution delivery and support teams; reviews changes prior to moving them forward for review.
- Interfaces with customers, vendors, internal and external stakeholders, and strategic partners to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of IT Change Management operations and processes.
- Function as the central and accepted point of contact and point of escalation for changes and change management process participants.
- Ensures that changes to IT Change Management processes, standards, methods and tools are properly approved and communicated to staff before being implemented publicizes and oversees implementation of new scope and improvements
- Ensures Quality of process and tools; defines and monitors Key Performance Indicators and drives improvements in process, methods and outcomes.
- Provides management and other processes with steering information and reports specified per service, process and/or department based on run and maintain, project, audit and executive needs.
- Evaluates existing Change Management systems and transitions their design, implementation and management into a common IT Service Management system established as the central and accepted system for changes, including estimating and planning work and resources involved and monitoring and reporting on progress against plans.
- Assists auditors with auditing the activities of the Change Management function for compliance with established procedures and IT control framework; ensures corrective actions are implemented.
- Participates in the evaluation of new Change Management tools and provides input and recommendations of those that best meet the organization’s budget, resource, timescale and technical requirements.
- Builds partnerships and teamwork with other managers across IT and the business.
- U.S. Citizen eligible for DOD Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 5+ years of experience with IT in a large, complex enterprise environment
- 5-8 years technical experience - preferably in an IT Change Management Subject Matter Expert (SME) role. Solid understanding of ITIL framework and demonstrated proficiency in the ITIL v3 processes.
- ITIL v3 Intermediate certification. ITIL V3 Expert or Master certifications a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with IT Services Management (ITSM) tools and methods.
- Experience with EasyVista ITSM preferred
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite applications and MS-SQL
- Intermediate to advanced REST/SOAP/Web Service system integration skills preferred
Candidates must be willing to submit to a background check prior to employment.