IT Documentation Specialist
Entrust Government Solutions has an immediate career opportunity for a Documentation Specialist / Technical Writer/Editor to join our Government solutions team in Norfolk.
- Research, write, lay out, and produce a variety of technical documentation including: operations and maintenance documentation; testing and procedural documentation; briefs and presentations; user manuals and reference guides; proposals and contracting documentation
- Develop, format, edit, and review proposal response documentation for all types of responses, including market surveys, Requests for Information (RFIs), sources sought responses, Requests for Proposal (RFP) responses, etc.
- Convey complex information and concepts in an appropriate fashion to audiences with different levels of technical knowledge
- Research, analyze, and cite reference materials from print and online sources
- Proofread, edit, and revise text; provide copy editing and production support
- Develop schedules, outlines, and templates for various types of proposal/project documentation
- Create, edit, and finalize technical, managerial, and related content for written proposals
- Interview subject matter expert and participants in proposal development meetings to create and edit new proposal content
- Design and develop interactive forms using Adobe Acrobat Professional or Adobe LiveCycle Designer, including coding of logical and conditional design elements.
- Develop professional document templates for internal and external use, including coding of macros in MS Office applications.
- Design, develop, and maintain SharePoint sites to support projects and proposals.
- Organize and manage document libraries locally and online.
- Develop and maintain tracking lists for contract management, proposal management, deliverable management, and project management for team reviews and compliance
- Responsible for ensuring team is compliant with contract and project requirements, deliverables requirements, and schedule requirements
Key Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Computer Science/Programming, IT, Information Systems or related field
- 3+ years of experience in technical writing or documentation development in a technical field
- US citizen eligible for U.S. Secret security clearance
- Experience with Federal and DoD technical writing and/or proposal writing
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage complex workload and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal) and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail in completing work tasks
- Excellent computer skills, basic programming skills
- Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Visio, and Project a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe software including Acrobat Professional, InDesign, LiveCycle Designer, and Creative Suite
Candidates must be willing to submit to a background check prior to employment.