Entrust Government Solutions has an immediate career opportunity for a Sr. Network Engineer to support our operations in Norfolk. The successful candidate will work under minimal direction providing network engineering and Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) to support emerging requirements, and enhance and develop IT capabilities in support of the customer mission.
The ideal candidate will support the program by providing network support services to ensure the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of new systems, software and capabilities; the development of modifications to systems and equipment; and correction of deficiencies in systems and equipment:
- Conduct requirements analysis and verification
- Conduct network architectural design
- Analyze and recommend technical solutions for complex systems and networks
- Install, configure, test and maintain network hardware
- Develop and/or review engineering drawings and technical documentation
- Troubleshoot and resolve networking problems
- U.S. Citizen with DoD Secret Clearance (required)
- B.S. Degree in engineering, math and/or science
- M.S. Degree or equivalent work experience.
- CCNA certification (CCNP preferred)
- MCP or MCSE with Hyper-V Certification & Experience
Experience in the Following Areas:
- Expertise with IP networking and extensive knowledge of WAN technologies such as MPLS, ATM and Frame Relay.
- Expert engineering knowledge of network hardware including: Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Expert experience in infrastructure/network environments and designing, planning, documenting and implementing LANs and WANs using latest technology.
- Proven experience in the integration and testing of HW (servers, networking devices, clients) and testing of software (Operating Systems, networked applications, Databases, etc.)
- Expert experience with clustering technologies in virtual machine environments.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols.
- Experience in high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments.
- Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex systems and network environments.
- Solid understanding of network and system security principles and techniques.
- Superior understanding of Active Directory, DNS, IP configuration
- Experience with build automation and scripted configuration of MS Windows based environments.
- Experience with the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for network devices, virtual machine hosts, and virtual machine guest deployment (installation, configuration, et al.)
- Hand on experience with Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7, Microsoft Outlook and the Office Suite
- Microsoft Exchange (2000-2010) and Microsoft Server
Candidates must be willing to submit to a background check prior to employment.
Entrust Government Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.