Systems Analyst - Architecture
Entrust Government Solutions has an immediate career opportunity for a Systems Analyst - Enterprise Architecture (EA). The successful candidate shall support our Senior Enterprise Architect with data management and systems analysis of the Afloat IT & Communications Infrastructure - Enterprise Services domain of the Military Sealift Command. The goal will be to define the framework for a complex system of systems. The successful candidate will provide technical analysis, business process analysis, data management & analysis, requirements analysis, and produce detailed documentation for broad/complex IT systems and networks. Candidate will play a crucial role in establishing the technical foundation for strategic planning and implementing integrated IT solutions.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs detailed analysis of information requirements for complex systems and integrated subsystems.
- Supports formulation of enterprise, system, and project level architecture design and configuration documentation.
- Analyzes results, recommends optimum approach, and advises on alternatives and on the implications of new or existing IT systems.
- Applies activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, and internal controls.
- Conducts risk analysis and utilizes performance measurement techniques.
- Assists in establishing standards for information systems procedures, taxonomies, nomenclatures, and change management processes.
- Develops and applies organization-wide information models for use in designing and building integrated shared software and communications systems.
- Constructs sound logical business improvement opportunities consistent with the configuration information management guiding principles, cost savings, and enterprise architecture objectives.
- Performs cross-functional problem analysis to resolve system or application discrepancies and identifies root causes. Recommends solutions independently and/or through consulting with team members.
- Works with data custodians and departmental representatives to codify and enhance technical management processes.
- Maintains on-going relationships with key stakeholders and team members.
- Facilitates value stream / process mapping workshops and conducts process evaluations.
- Facilitates meetings and process improvement workshops to document and evaluate business requirements and process gaps.
- Stays current with technological developments in software development, systems and application support, as well as management and user support practices.
- U.S. Citizen with DoD Secret Clearance
- M.S. in relevant discipline with five years of direct experience
- B.S with eight years of direct experience
- Twelve years of general experience with ten years of direct experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and within Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Advanced Proficiency with MS Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Sharepoint)
Highly Desired Qualifications
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- Greenbelt / Lean / Six Sigma Certification
- Development of workflow diagrams & process models
- Development of Technical Data Packages
- Value Stream / Process Mapping
- DMAIC methodology & SIPOC Analysis
- Systems Analysis & Decomposition
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- MDAP/ MAIS DoD Acquisition Lifecycle Phases
- DoD 5000.02 Systems Engineering processes
- PMI / PMBOK Project Management best practices, processes, & tools
- Work Location(s) USA VA Norfolk / Norfolk Naval Base
- Travel required up to 25% (CONUS / OCONUS)
- Candidates must be willing to submit to a background check prior to employment.
- Entrust Government Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.