Norfolk, VA 23510
Entrust Government Solutions has an immediate career opportunity for a Systems Analyst to join our Government solutions team in Norfolk. This position serves as computer systems expert on projects that typically involve the establishment of a framework for new automated systems. The successful candidate will provide technical analysis, design, installation, maintenance and modification of broad/complex computer systems. Plays a crucial role in providing the technical foundation for a variety of operations.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and modifies complex systems and/or designs and develops integrated subsystems. Guides users in formulating requirements; analyzes resulting user proposals and conducts feasibility studies. Recommends optimum approach, advises on alternatives and on the implications of new or revised data processing systems.
- Conducts analysis of current and future requirements relating to design, testing, fielding, and mission effectiveness.
- Performs problem analysis to resolve system or application issues. Performs complex diagnosis of problems, providing solutions within area of responsibility, and/or through consulting with team members.
- Facilitates completion of engineering activities and transfer of information.
- Drives engineering activities and program milestones through the development and review of engineering and requirements documentation, system engineering technical review briefing materials, and schedules.
- Creates an environment that promotes end-user self-sufficiency. Works with data custodians and departmental representatives to maintain and enhance information systems across the company.
- Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with vendors. Conducts product evaluations, participates in vendor selection, negotiates price and support options, and fosters vendor partnerships.
- Stays current with technological developments in software development, systems and application support, as well as management and user support practices. This includes reading publications, participating in mail lists and on-line communities, attending conferences and workshops, and maintaining relationships with colleagues.
- B.A. or B.S. in relevant discipline, or at least eight years of direct experience
- U.S. Citizen eligible for DOD Secret clearance
- At least five years of direct experience in the last eight years (eight years of direct experience in the last ten years preferred)
- M.S. in relevant discipline, or at least ten years of direct experience
Candidates must be willing to submit to a background check prior to employment.
Entrust Government Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.