Senior Enterprise Systems Engineer - Architecture
Entrust Government Solutions has an immediate career opportunity for a Senior Enterprise Systems Engineer – Architecture (ESEA). The successful candidate shall support our Senior Enterprise Architect in understanding and documenting baseline and target architectures for the Military Sealift Command’s Core Mission capabilities, Business Systems, and Afloat IT & Communications Networks. This will include the capture and validation of operational requirements, and the creation of overviews for our operational tasks, organizational structures, and core processes. You will also support the development of EA processes iaw DoD best practices and the integration of EA processes with MSC Systems Engineering activities. The goal will be to establish a framework for implementing integrated IT solutions, for strategic planning of business systems, and to implement changes to other internal functions as required that increase our sustainability and prepare us for future expansion. Your job will be to coordinate with the Sr. Enterprise Architect, Government IT leadership, and program office representatives to validate, modify, and establish baseline and target requirements, prepare DoDAF architectural models for these tasks, and to provide MSC liaison support for strategic IT initiatives.
- First hand / in depth knowledge of the systems, components, networks, and organizational structures that comprise the reference Enterprise Architecture for MSC Command. This includes the business, core mission, and enterprise segments, as well Afloat IT networks and systems.
- First hand / in depth knowledge of EA concepts and frameworks (DoDAF, TOGAF, Zachman, etc.), complex systems of systems, model-based systems engineering (MBSE), and its applicability to DoD Acquisition programs / SE lifecycle processes.
- Hands on experience successfully developing, decomposing, & analyzing hierarchical structures, developing EA models, network diagrams, process workflows, and utilization of tools and techniques that support doing this type of work (e.g. System Architect, MagicDraw, Sharepoint, Visio, Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, BPMN notation, SySML, UML, IDEF, process mapping, etc.)
- Hands on experience collecting, organizing, structuring, and analyzing large sets of data and information for presentation review and analysis. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, acute attention to detail, the ability to prepare and conduct executive level briefings, and the ability to work independently with minimal oversight and within an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- U.S. Citizen with DoD Secret Clearance or Equivalent (DOE – Q, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program.
- 8+ years of experience with Process Engineering & Analysis, Complex Systems of Systems Analysis & Decomposition, Development of DODAF / Enterprise Architecture products, workflow diagrams & process models / maps; to include leading and supporting architecture model development for complex DoD acquisition programs and IT / engineering projects.
- Knowledge of DoD 5000 series / Naval Systems Engineering Technical Review Processes
- Knowledge and utilization of PMI / PMBOK Project Management best practices, processes, & tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, architecture development, and MBSE tools.
- Master’s degree in related field + 5 yrs. experience
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Advanced Proficiency with Value Stream / Process Mapping, DMAIC methodology & SIPOC Analysis
- Advanced Proficiency with Rational System Architect
- Advanced Proficiency with Rational DOORS, Traceline and Citrix Server Applications
- Advanced Proficiency with MS Project & MS Access
- EA certifications: CEA, ACEA, CEAP, ITIL Master, TOGAF 9, Zachman etc.
- Other certifications: ITIL foundation, 6Sigma (Lean, Greenbelt, Blackbelt), PMI (PMP, CAPM, PgMP, PBA)
- Work Location(s) USA VA Norfolk / Norfolk Naval Base
- Travel required up to 25% (CONUS / OCONUS)
- Candidates must be willing to submit to a background check prior to employment.
- Entrust Government Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.