Systems Engineer - Architecture
Entrust Government Solutions has an immediate career opportunity for a Systems Engineer – Enterprise Architecture (EA). The successful candidate shall support our Senior Enterprise Architect in understanding and documenting baseline and target architectures for the Afloat IT & Communications Infrastructure - Enterprise Services domain of the Military Sealift Command. The goal will be to establish a framework for strategic planning, implementing integrated IT solutions, and maintaining compliance with DoD – Navy guidance.
The ideal candidate will provide support by aligning IT strategy, technology, and business processes by performing the following activities:
- Constructs operational environments.
- Documents architectural implementations.
- Specifies technical standards.
- Provides comprehensive definition of all aspects of system development from analysis of mission needs to verification of system performance.
- Performs evaluation of system alternatives and assessment of risks and costs.
- Researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance.
- Provides recommendations for process and configuration improvements.
- Analyzes cross-functional problem sets and resolves issues.
- Designs and defines information technology (IT) system architecture for integration of multiple platforms, operating systems, and applications across the enterprise.
- Determines systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security.
- Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system.
- Performs root cause analysis to Identify, analyze, and resolve program support deficiencies.
- Develops and documents the framework for integration and implementation for changes to technical standards.
- Assists in the development of an architecture governance process.
- U.S. Citizen with DoD Secret Clearance (required)
- BS Engineering, Computer Information Systems or equivalent + 5 yrs related experience, or MS + 3 yrs related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work both independently and within Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Sharepoint)
Highly Desired Qualifications
- Development of DODAF v2.02 products
- Development of BPMN diagrams & process models
- Proficiency with Rational System Architect
- Proficiency with Rational DOORS and Traceline
- Proficiency with Citrix Server Applications
- Proficiency with MS Project & MS Access
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- Greenbelt / Lean / Six Sigma Certification
- PMI Project Management Certification
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Development of workflow diagrams
- Development of Technical Data Packages
- Value Stream / Process Mapping
- Process Engineering & Analysis
- Complex Systems of Systems Analysis & Decomposition
- MDAP/ MAIS DoD Acquisition Lifecycle Phases
- DoD 5000.02 Systems Engineering processes
- PMI / PMBOK Project Management best practices, processes, & tools
- Work Location(s) USA VA Norfolk / Norfolk Naval Base
- Travel required up to 25% (CONUS / OCONUS)
- Candidates must be willing to submit to a background check prior to employment.
- Entrust Government Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.