Technical Project Manager
Norfolk, VA 23510
Entrust Government Solutions is seeking an IT Project Manager to support our operations in Norfolk, VA.
This position is responsible for the full life cycle project management of a wide variety of projects. Our Project Managers work closely with technical professionals to ensure strict adherence to scope, schedule, and budget, and to ensure successful project execution. This position requires regular interface with senior management, design engineers, customer stakeholders, implementation team members, vendors, and subcontractors. The PM shall be able to demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills, the ability to lead through ambiguity in a fast-paced environment and able to establish confidence and credibility with senior level IT leaders.
- Active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- B.S Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or similar
- U.S. Citizen eligible for DOD Secret clearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Project
- Eight (8) years’ experience successfully managing and leading the successful realization of complex projects with budgets in excess of $10M.
- Four (4) years’ experience in systems engineering, integration or installation projects involving DOD systems
- Proactively managing the project with little supervision, resolving action items, issues and risks.
- Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling, & Closing Projects
- Controlling Scope, Time, Cost, Quality and Risk
- Reporting on Project Performance
- Manage Stakeholders Expectations
- Leading and directing multidisciplinary project teams to deliver projects on time, within budget and scope.
- Assesses project health and directing any necessary corrective measures. Creatively apply project management processes to address unique situations.
- Creating and applying comprehensive project plans; detailed project schedules, resource estimates, quality requirements and metrics, and organizational change management activities.
- Defining and documenting project work breakdowns and monitoring project status.
Candidates must be willing to submit to a background check prior to employment.
Entrust Government Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.